Sunday, August 7, 2016

Oh, the places you will go!

Welcome 6th Graders!

You just joined the ranks of some amazing students. I know that it is easier said than done, but don't be nervous! Remember that your teachers are all here to help you with everything from opening up your locker to finding the correct classroom.

I have been serving at Landon for the past 8 years. It has been an incredible journey. I have been an educator in the area of Reading, Social Studies, Leadership, Critical Thinking, and Restorative Justice. I have watched students come in as 6th graders and followed them all the way to their graduation from high school. During my time here at Landon I have taught all grades so I know what it takes at each grade level to be successful. With that being said, I will teach you this year at a challenge level that prepares you to not only be successful in 6th grade but also to be successful in 7th and 8th grade. I have no doubt that all of you have what it takes to be successful in my class and at Julia Landon.

This will be my first year teaching World History and I look forward to the journey that we will take together. Just as you all will learn from me, I will learn from you.

 As you embark on your journey, here are some tips to get you started:

  • Manage your time wisely (use your planner)
  • Review materials daily creating study materials as you go
  • Don't wait until the last minute to start large assignments and projects
  • Ask questions for clarity 
  • Turn in work on time
  • Evaluate your personal systems for effectiveness regularly- when they don't work- CHANGE!
  • Always try your hardest
I look forward to meeting each and every one of you. Pack your bags, the world awaits our arrival!

Blessings, 

Cormier 





No comments:

Post a Comment